Dave Clark (Sky Sports): Why I am facing the disease head on

Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Home Forums Parkinson Inspirations Dave Clark (Sky Sports): Why I am facing the disease head on

• This topic contains 0 voices and has 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

brett

In 2011 Sky Sports presenter Dave Clark was told he had Parkinson’s. Now undertakng a major fundraising challenge, the Leeds broadcaster on why he’s refusing to hide away.

You see I have Parkinson’s. I was diagnosed with this degenerative neurological condition that is caused by the lack of dopamine in the brain just over five years ago. I was 44 years old. Looking back, there were certainly warning signs.

You see I already had personal experience of how devastating a diagnosis it can be – my father Alan had also faced it. Dad, who was always a larger than life character, a big hearty Yorkshire man who loved his rugby, tried to keep it hidden. What started as a twitch in his right hand led over the years to severe depression as his symptoms got worse. Eventually he took his own life.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/analysis/dave-clark-five-years-after-being-diagnosed-with-parkinson-s-why-i-am-facing-the-disease-head-on-1-8108103

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter